If you wish to request and receive, when appropriate, a death certificate by ordinary post, you may send a letter to the Civil Register, clearly indicating the name and postal address to which the certificate is to be sent, including the following data in the request:
- Name, surnames and National Identification Card of the person requesting the certificate.
- Name and surnames of the deceased, and the date and location of death.
Next, indicate the type of certificate you would like to receive:
- Ordinary or bilingual.
- International or multilingual.
Finally, provide a contact telephone number where you can be reached to clarify any of the data.
- Articles 81 to 87 of the Civil Register Act, dated 8 June 1957 (BOE - Official State Gazette - 10/6/1957)
- Civil Register Regulations (Decree dated 14 November 1958, which approves the Regulations of the Civil Register Act): articles 17 to 35, articles 273 to 282 (PDF. 257 KB)
- Instruction dated 20 March 2002, from the Department of Registers and Notaries (BOE 9/4/2002)